Monday, 23 December 2013

Peach and raspberry tart


I first made this free form fruit tart when I had some extra short crust pastry left over while baking some mince pies. Now, whenever I am using shortcrust pastry, I reserve the left over scraps of pastry to make a fruit tart by using any stone fruit or berries I have at home and end up with a bonus desert.

To make a small tart you will need:

Shortcrust pastry
1 peach
Handful of raspberries
2 teaspoons of raspberry jam

Yoghurt to serve

This really is one of the simplest deserts you can make. I use scraps of leftover shortcrust pastry, which I bring together and roll. However, you can also use a sheet of frozen shortcrust pastry ( to make 4 little ones, but will need to increase the quantity of fruit and jam).

Place the rolled pastry on a baking tray. Spread the raspberry jam (leaving a small border around the sides) and top with the sliced peach. Since the peaches are normally sweet, you do not need to add any extra sugar, however if you decide to use a tart fruit like plums, you may need to add some sugar or honey (that will also help caramelise the fruit).

Fold the edges of the pastry around the fruit and brush with some milk. Place in a 180 C fan forced oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Dust with icing sugar. I serve it with natural yogurt and some fresh raspberries, but it is also delicious on its own or served with custard or ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment