Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Mango lassi - yoghurt and mango smoothie


The other day while enjoying a dip at the beach on a sweltering Melbourne evening we bumped into a few friends. The kids and adults (included) had a great time and before long it was dinner time so we headed to a local Indian restaurant for a meal. Generally, I avoid eating out as much as I can as I prefer to cook at home and know exactly what is in my meal. But that is not the point of this post, my husband along with our friend and their boys ordered Mango lassi and he gave me a sip to try and I must say I was pretty disappointed. Even though it is peak mango season, they had (just like many other restaurants) used canned mango nectar. I often make plain lassi and mango lassi at home using home made yoghurt and fresh mango and you can really notice the difference. It is also very easy to make at home so I thought I would share my recipe. 


To make two tall glasses you will need:
1 ripe mango peeled and chopped
1 cup of natural yoghurt
1/2 cup of cold milk 
2 level tablespoons of sugar
Add the mango, sugar and half the milk in a blender and blend until the mango is completely blended. Add the remaining milk and yoghurt ( and ice if you prefer) and blend briefly. 

Pour into tall glasses and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment